VSee Replacing Skype - Internet Data Usage

My internet data usage skyrockets this month. I have reached 40G of data after 13 days of usage. Shocked, denying the facts, i made call to Singtel to verify my usage, hoping to hear that the system miscalculates. As normal, Singtel claimed that i stream a lot, hotspot too much, etc...

No choice, i have to survive the remaining month with 10G data. Of course, i can still go online after exceeding 50G, the rate will be $5.xx for every G of data, and the bill is capped at $88 for my plan. That means i have 10G data to reach $88 before the ISP slows down my speed.

I installed NetBalance to diagnose, and surprisingly, finding Skype is the culprit. Statistic from NetBalance shows Skype used 6xxmpbs for 5 hours without video conferencing. I also checked Skype official website, according to their number, Skype can eat up 14mbps per hour idling and with video conferencing, 460mbps per hour. I think i should put Skype RIP.

Now i am using VSee, with acceptable quality but only 60MB data for 2 hour video conferencing....it was great, i should have met vSee early.

Still, i ll go beyond 50G this month.

Software on my Android to monitor the data usage: My Data Manager
Software on PC to monitor data usage: NetBalancer
Video Conferencing on my PC: VSee